The Nigeria Police Force (NPF), on Friday, October 6, 2023, disclosed interim findings surrounding the death of Nigerian music star, Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, also known as Mohbad.
In a live broadcast monitored by AfroWorldNews, Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Idowu Owohunwa stated that investigations conducted so far established some interim findings, which include the events that led to the singer’s death, and suspected persons like his former record label boss, Naira Marley, and his ally Sam Lerry, who may have hand in his demise.
Below are interim findings about the death of Mohbad
- The chain of events that directly and specifically led to the death of Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba (Mohbad) occurred between 10th – 13th September, 2023 and the locations of incidents stretched over Ikorodu and Lekki in Lagos State.
- Feyisayo Ogedengbe ‘f’, who as an auxiliary nurse administered multiple and highly potent injections which triggered an immediate reaction that eventually occasioned the death of Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba (Mohbad) is the principal suspect in the homicide case.
- Feyisayo Ogedengbe is not a qualified registered nurse, and her illegal and medical negligence are believed to have been directly responsible for the chain reactions and eventual death of Mohbad at 1543hrs on 12th September 2023.
- The time within which Auxiliary Nurse Ogedengbe administered the injections on Mohbad, through his reaction, convulsion and his eventual death is confirmed to be within less than an hour covering from 1440hrs when the principal suspect administered the sets of injections and 1543hrs when Mohbad was confirmed dead at Cura-Med Hospital, Lekki.
- Aside her admittance to the consequences of her actions, the Report of the Medical Panel that reviewed Auxiliary Nurse Feyisayo’s actions concluded that she went beyond her limitations as an auxiliary nurse by administering IV Ceftriaxone on the deceased and that this from their review, was the most likely cause of the anaphylactic reaction which could have been promptly resolved and his death possibly prevented, if the deceased was treated in the hospital.
- Ibrahim Oluwatosin Owoduni (Prime Boy) is also considered as complicit in the chain of events that led to the eventual death of Mohbad as the injury that culminated in actions which led to his death was sustained in the course of physical combat between him and Mohbad Ayobami Sodiq (Spending), is also considered complicit in the homicide case for inviting Feyisayo Ogedengbe whom he knew to be an unqualified and unregistered nurse to administer the potent medications that eventually triggered reactions leading to Mohbad’s death.
- While Abdulazeez Fashola (Naira Marley) and Samson Balogun Eletu (Sam Larry) denied allegations of criminal liability in the death of Mohbad and pleaded an alibi to justify their not being complicit in the incidents that occurred from 10th to 12th September, 2023, there are ample electronic and credible witnesses’ evidence linking them to cyberbullying, threat to life, assault occasioning harm and conduct likely to cause breach of peace against the deceased in his lifetime following their roles in the incidents that occurred at The Chandelier Club and Elegushi Beach in June, 2023 as well as the alleged assault on Mohbad in October, 2022 around the residence of Naira Marley at Lekki.
- Sam Larry admitted that he had multiple physical confrontations with Mohbad to get him to refund the two million naira (=N=2m) which he claimed he paid to the late singer for a show which he claimed he did not honour.
- There are documentary evidence (International Travel Records) confirming that both Abdulazeez Fashola (Naira Marley) and Samson Balogun Eletu (Sam Larry) were not in Lagos, Nigeria when the events that led to the death of Mohbad occurred between 10th -12th September, 2023. While Naira Marley was out of the country from 21st August – 3rd October, 2023, Sam Larry was out of the country from 4th – 28th September, 2023.
- On the demise of the deceased, his remains were buried at Ikorodu by his relatives on 13th September, 2023 prior to the uproar that greeted his death and which informed the launch of the homicide investigation.
- On 21st September, 2023, the corpse was exhumed and on same date at about 1600hrs, autopsy was performed on the remains of the deceased and vital specimens were taken and sent to Lagos State DNA / Forensic Centre for toxicology examination. The reports are still being awaited.
- Also being awaited is the official response from the NDLEA on one of the viral videos containing allegations by the late singer on his experience at the Agency’s Lagos Office sometime in October, 2022.
Mohbad was an afrobeat singer, who was signed to Marlian Records, an imprint of Naira Marley, a fellow-Nigerian music star.
Mohbad, who made news headlines in 2022 after alleging a threat to life by his record label boss and his ally, passed away on Tuesday, September 12, under strange circumstances.
The singer’s death, however, became questionable as a series of assault videos started making the rounds on social media, leaving members of the public to believe that he may have been killed.
AFRO WORLD NEWS