We are committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information. The following policy explains our information collection practices, privacy policies and the choices available to you with regard to how your information is collected and utilized.
If you have any queries about this Policy or how we use your personal information, please contact us using the details at Contact Us.
The Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- Personal information that you provide to us, including, but not limited to, your name, age, address, e-mail address, phone number, credit card number, scanned copies of checks and facts about your background, profession, veteran status, political affiliation, gender, and similar information.
- Information regarding your interaction with our Sites, including, but not limited to, your IP address, device type, geographic location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our Sites, and web log information.
- Information you provide to us through community discussions, member information pages, e-mails, chats, dispute resolution, or information you share with us through other social applications or websites.
- Commercial information, including purchasing habits, marital status. and records of personal property.
To know what personal information is collected on you specifically or to delete that personal information, you may submit a request by submitting this form.
Why We Collect this Information
We collect this information for the purposes set out in the section How We Use the Information We Collect. The lawful basis for which we process your information is:
- your consent;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party. If you fail to provide this information we may be unable to perform the contract; and
- processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party, except where your rights as a data subject override our legitimate interest or the legitimate interest of that third party.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information including, for example, to enable us to process, validate and verify subscriptions.
- To send you e-mail notifications about our products, services and special offers, or to otherwise contact you. We will only use your personal information for electronic marketing purposes if we are allowed to do this by law or if we have your consent. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date. If you would rather not receive marketing material from us, please let us know at any time using the contact details at Contact Us
- To enhance existing features or develop new features, products and services.
- To provide aggregate anonymous information to our advertisers to help them better understand our services and to monitor the reach of their advertising on the Sites.
- To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
Sharing Your Information
- In the event of a sale, merger, bankruptcy or other change in control of TheAfroworldnews.comn.com, your information may be shared with the person or business that owns or controls this Site. Opting out of receiving information from third parties will not affect our right to transfer your information to a new owner.
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process or to protect and defend the rights or property of Afro World News, Inc
- We may need to provide your information to our contractors and suppliers who provide services on our behalf, to the extent necessary to enable you to receive those services. Further details are set in the paragraph on “Agents” under Preserving the Privacy of Your Information.
How Long We Keep Your Information For
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary. We will retain your information for any period required by law. Where we are not under a legal obligation to retain your information, we will determine what is necessary by reference to the lawful basis for processing set out above and our legitimate interests.
If you have any questions about how long we keep your information, please write to us at Afro World News, Inc. 1230 Rosecrans Ave. Suite 300. Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Preserving the Privacy of Your Information
We endeavor to safeguard and protect your personal information. When you submit personal information on our Sites, such information is protected both online and offline. Only employees and supervisors with specific authorization have access to databases containing visitors’ personal information. The databases are protected in a secure facility and credit card information is transmitted via encrypted technology.
E-mail Addresses: Except as may be required by law, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process, we will not share your e-mail address with third parties, although we reserve the right to present you with advertisements on their behalf.
Subscription Lists: In accordance with standard industry practice, we may rent, exchange or sell to third parties mailing address information you provide us when ordering a subscription to our print publication, Afro World News, Inc. If you based in the USA, we adhere strictly to the Direct Marketing Association’s Ethical Business Practices. For information about these practices, visit the Direct Marketing Association’s site at www.dmaresponsibility.org. If you are based in the EU, we adhere to the following procedures whenever we buy marketing lists:
- we do not use bought-in lists for texts or emails unless we have proof of opt-in consent within the last six months that specifically named us;
- the products or services we are marketing are the same or similar to those that you originally consented to receiving marketing for;
- we only use the information on the lists for marketing purposes;
- when marketing by post or email we include our company name, address and telephone number in the content;
- we provide you with our privacy notice.
We will not sell a marketing list to a third party unless we can verify that the people on the list:
- gave specific consent to receive marketing from the third party;
- were provided with readily accessible, clear and intelligible information about how their contact details would be used;
- were offered a clear and genuine choice whether or not to have their details used for marketing purposes;
- took positive action to indicate their consent;
- gave their consent reasonably recently (within six months of selling the list);
- in the case of texts or emails, gave specific consent to receive marketing by those means.
Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These agents have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but are contractually prohibited from using it for other purposes.
Major Business Transactions: In the event of a major business transaction, our customer information may be one of the transferred business assets.