Our tears have just dried. Our choked voices are gradually coming back after all the loud shouts. Our legs are holding up now after the long walks. Our disbelief and anger can still be felt sporadically, but time will gradually, and very soon, wash away everything. The clock will be reset without any clear path for the effective elimination of such unfortunate wicked deeds.
What we should all remember is that you cannot legislate your way through racism and hatred. These are NOT mathematical problems. If they were, believe me, Albert Einstein would have provided a formula for an optimized solution.
The legislation eventually becomes the law of the land, right? And in whose hands is placed the enforcement of the laws of the land? The POLICE? Now you can see where I am leading you.
The problems of hatred were created by mankind, hence the solution lies with mankind. The key area which can help peel away some of the problems of hatred and racism is through intensive education. Logical and physical education. We need to embark upon massive activities to change mindsets. I suggest multiple avenues of attack. Not of people, but of the issues of racism and hatred.
• All 50 states should make changes in Primary, Middle, and High School curricula to bring racial awareness to the young ones. Black History should not just be a periodic activity in the year. It should be all-year-round.
• Companies should embark upon massive racial awareness programs through office meetings, seminars, and chatrooms. Role plays help a lot.
• The universities which provide training in criminology should enhance their programs to include Effective Racial Awareness.
• I challenge the sporting business in the U.S. to provide funds to conduct USA-Wide town-hall meetings to talk openly about the racial divide. Let us talk openly among ourselves (not at ourselves,) and I will assemble a team to mediate.
• Let us look into inter-marriages. The Good Lord did not allow slavery to take place without a reason. Please remember, The Lord on many occasions uses the devil to do his work. “Thy Will Be Done on Earth” Right? Let us fuse together and change the skin color with time.
• Africa must embark upon massive developmental changes to be able to attract our brothers and sisters to come back home. Homecoming should NOT be a two-week affair for parties only. If the likes of Dubai were everywhere in Africa (which can easily be done in 15 years with good leaders,) many of our brothers and sisters will move to join us.
In the meantime, let our brothers and sisters go to the voting machines come November 3, 2020, and vote to send some people home and bring new ones in. This is because from many analyses, whenever there is a thinker in the White House, the leadership of the United States is clearly seen all over the world.
About the Author
Osei Badu-Nkansah is an experienced Information Technology (IT) architect with a deep understanding of the latest technological concepts. He is an alumnus of the University of Science & Technology, Kumasi, Ghana and the University of Pennsylvania, in Philadelphia, U.S.A.
Source: Afro World News
Written by” Osei Badu-Nkansah, top-notch Information Technology architect and author of:
Audacity of Automation—Catalyst for Third World Development
He has Just Released a Thought-Provoking Book Titled:
To Close the “Shitholes” Africa Must Change